Frequently Asked Questions
You have any question about your ascent with the Schauinsland cable car? You will find the answers here. In case you would not find the answer, you can contact us at any time.
Latest information on coronavirus:
Is the cable car running?
The Schauinslandbahn started running again on 04.05.2020.
What precautions are being taken?
- Rooms, cabins and waiting areas are regularly and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Our staff have been trained in hygiene and are committed to upholding our hygiene rules.
What are the hygiene rules at Schauinslandbahn?
- Face masks are mandatory for all passengers – including children of 6 and over.
- Think of others and observe the right etiquette if you sneeze or cough.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
- Follow the route guidance system.
- Observe the instructions and hygiene rules on-site.
- Limited passenger numbers: Cabins can be occupied by up to 7 persons if the passengers come from a maximum of two households/familys belonging together or to a tour leader-led group. Persons who do not belong together are carried in pairs at most.
- People with limited mobility such as wheelchair users must be accompanied.
- Please be patient – waiting times may get long.
When will the restaurant open again?
- The Café & Restaurant Die Bergstation is open again: Wednesday to Friday from 11.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 9.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- The conditions of the Corona Ordinance Restaurants issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs and the Ministry of Economy will be implemented.
- Breakfast is offered on Saturdays and Sundays, but not in buffet form (as it is still generally prohibited). The combination ticket breakfast is nevertheless redeemable.
- From 11:30 a.m. there is a self-service lunch offer.
- In the interior of the gastronomy area, tables must be pre-booked under www.diebergstation.de. Alternatively, on site registration is required at the order window in the restaurant, giving all personal contact details. Placement is carried out by the service staff.
- Due to the implementation of the distance control, only approx. half of the seats in the restaurant can be occupied.
- Outside there is free choice of seats on the terraces under your own responsibility.
- The hut in the outdoor area is still open (depending on the weather) daily from 10.30 a.m.
If you need to know more, get in touch on +44 (0)761 4511 777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the number of passenger seats per cabin?
Each of the cabins offers 7 seats.
What is the current weather on the Schauinsland?
You will find reliable information including current web cam pictures on our website at www.schauinslandbahn.de/en/weather/
What are the opening hours of the cable car?
The cable car is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from January to June and from October to December. During the summer months July to September, it is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
In spring and autumn, a maintenance period of several weeks of the Schauinsland cable car takes place. During this period, the cable car is out of operation.
When do the first and last cable car rides take place?
The rides begin at the usual opening times. The last ride departing from the lower station or the upper station is possible 30 minutes before the end of the operating hours.
How long is the cable car ride from the lower station to the upper station?
The ride takes about 20 minutes.
What is the difference in altitude between the lower and the upper station?
The lower station is 473 m above the NN. The upper station is at a height of 1220 m above the NN. The cable car therefore overcomes a height difference of 747 m.
Can wheelchair users use the cable car?
Yes. Wheelchair users can use the cable car at no additional costs.
Find information at www.schauinslandbahn.de/en/barrier-free/ concerning individual possibilities of use.
Can people with strollers use the cable car?
Yes. The cable car can also be used by people with strollers at no extra charge. Thanks to ramps, the most important places, as well as the cabins of the cable car are accessible without barriers.
Are dogs and bicycles accepted?
Yes. However, in this case additional costs have to be paid. For bicycles, a supplement of 10.50 € per one way is required. For dogs, 6.50 € have to be paid for a one-way ticket, and 8.50 € for a return ticket.
Learn more about our fares under www.schauinslandbahn.de/en/fares/
How do I register a group?
Group registrations are made by our service agency Schwarzwald-connection.
Tel.: +49 (0) 761 59513-340
Where can I book a breakfast?
The reservation is made online at www.diebergstation.de. Here you can also find further information about the Café & Restaurant Die Bergstation.
Combined tickets breakfast + cable car tickets are available from the Schauinsland cable car, as well as at the bike station, the VAG pluspunkt and the VAG OnlineShop.
Can I access the cable car by car or by public transportation? Do buses have to consider the height of passage?
Many car and coach parking spaces (parking spaces for disabled people included) are available. Line 21 stops directly at the lower station. You will find detailed information on access via different means of transport at: www.schauinslandbahn.de/en/how-to-get-there/
Regarding the route through the Günterstal valley, the Günterstäler Tor Gate, the height limit for passing through is 3.60 m.
Which activities are proposed around the upper station?
Once you are at the summit, you get plenty of opportunities for recreation. The most popular activities are:
- Go to the restaurant
- Mine Museum
- Cable car visit
Discover everything about these activities and the different opening times of each provider under the following link: www.schauinslandbahn.de/en/offers/
What clothes or equipment do I need on the Schauinsland?
It highly depends on the ambient weather conditions and on the planned activities. In the case of a hike, good shoes are essential. You can find reliable information including current pictures of our webcam at www.schauinslandbahn.de/en/weather/
The choice of appropriate clothing and equipment is ultimately your own responsibility.
I lost or forgot something in the Schauinsland cable car. Who can I contact to find the lost object?
Our employees can be reached by phone at +49 761 4511-729 (-777) and will support you.
Where can I find the conditions of carriage?
Please find here our Conditions of carriage.