Lift me up. And down.
Choose here from the manifold attractions on Freiburg’s landmark mountain and organise your personal event and relaxation day just as you wish. Enjoy the Schauinsland for each season. The Schauinsland cable car lifts you up and down all year long and carefully during the specified operating hours. This of course, barrier-free and with access to wheelchairs and baby-strollers. You will see: one of the 37 cabins stands ready for you and expect you to come in when you need it.
The rules in brief:
- Ban on transport of persons infected with SARS-CoV-2 virus and persons showing corona specific symptoms
- Maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 m from the next person
- Face masks are mandatory for all passengers on the premises and in the cabins of the Schauinslandbahn
- Hand desinfection when entering the building
- Cabin occupancy up to 7 persons, if desired
- Permanent ventilation in the cabins
- Think of others and observe the right etiquette if you sneeze or cough.
- Follow the route guidance system.
- Observe the instructions and hygiene rules on-site.
- People with limited mobility such as wheelchair users must be accompanied.
- Please be patient – waiting times may get long.
You can find further information here
January – June
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
July – September
9 a.m – 6 p.m.
October – December
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Safety comes first. That’s why maintenance periods take place twice a year. During this period, the cable car is not working. There is no replacement bus service to ensure the transport.
The Bergstation Café & Restaurant at the upper station is also closed during this period.
Autumn Maintenance 2020
Mon. 16.11. – Fri. 04.12.2020*
Spring Maintenance 2021
Mon. 15.02. – Fri. 26.03.2021*
Autumn Maintenance 2021
Mon. 15.11. – Fri. 03.12.2021*
*Subject to change