From May to October, the three different regular guided tours always take place at fixed times:
- May, June, September, and October: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 11 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
- July and August until 13rd of september daily from11 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
- We recommend reservations for groups of more than 25 people.
- Additionally, special tours for registered groups of up to 150 people are offered.
- Special tours are offered in English and French at no extra charge.
- The temperature in the mine is always 10°C, and the air is absolutely free of dust, pollen, and ozone.
Depending on your interests:
- 45 min. tour (without ladders): tour trail at ground level 400 m into the mine, walkable in normal clothing (jackets are recommended) and normal shoes, without ladders or a minimum age. This is a comfortable way to explore the mine, especially with children!
- 90 min. guided tour (with ladders): tour trail 900m, descent/ascent via 6 solid, slanted ladders (2 – 6 m length) with a total of 23 metres of difference in altitude to the next lower level.
- 150 min. tour (with ladders): tour trail 1,800m, a total of 13 ladders with 48 metres of difference in altitude and descent to 2 levels down. A prime experience – all you could ever want!
The 90 min. and 150 min. tours require a minimum age of 12 or a body height of 150 cm. (For children under the age of 12, the 45 min. tour is appropriate.) Please wear sturdy shoes with higher soles and warm, hard-wearing hiking clothes. Electric miner’s lamps are provided.